A Spooky Recipe from our Head Chef
1 Medium sized pumpkin, washed and hollowed
2 diced chicken fillets
1 diced onion
1 chopped garlic clove, thyme, rosemary, red chilli
150g brussel sprouts, celery stick fluted
1 butternut squash, 1/2 celeriac, 1/2 swede, all peeled and diced
100g chanteney carrots trimmed
200g couscous, piri-piri seasoning, olive oil
4 bread slices
- Put the pumpkin halves on a roasting tray with a little olive oil and season. Roast for 30 minutes at 180c. Place your diced root vegetables on a tray and roast for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, blanch your celery flutes and sprouts.
- Sautee half of the butternut squash with the onion, garlic, chilli & seasoning in olive oil for a few minutes. Then add 1/2 pint of vegetable stock. Cover for 15 minutes on a simmer.
- Liquidise the mix with a stick blender. Then add the chicken and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Flatten your 4 slices of bread and carve them into the desired shape with a knife. Drizzle with oil and toast in the oven until golden brown.
- Cover your couscous with boiled water, add salt and piri-piri and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Crumble with a fork adding a little olive oil.
- Fill one half of the pumpkin with your vegetables and the other half with the chicken casserole. Serve with the couscous and croutons.
& top marks if you can guess who our head chef is! We will be revealing him very soon…